Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leaping Water


Chilnualna Falls may mean "Leaping water" in a Native Indian dialect. This has been a wet year, and as the snow melts at higher elevations the water in Chilnualna Falls is certainly leaping.

I like the many moods of the falls. I hope to walk to the Upper Falls on Friday (about an eight mile round trip with an elevation gain of about 2500 feet). If I get up early enough I can complete the hike before reporting to work at 12:30.

Which photo do you like best? #1 or #2 or #3? (You can enlarge images by clicking on them.)

4 comments:

  1. I like number two because it is a more intimate look at the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like #1 because of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of them. . . OK, maybe I like picture 1 best. . . but they are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete