Monday, June 28, 2010

Back in the day...

Okay, this isn't exactly a photo of Wawona, and I didn't take the picture. In fact I wouldn't be born for another forty or so years. But I love this photo of my grandpa at Glacier Point.
My grandparents loved the out-a-doors. I have a collection of photos taken on this trip to Yosemite, as well as some of their other camping adventures during the early 1920's.
                                                                    The Wawona Tunnel Tree.




Shame on Great Grandpa Elias. Somethings don't ever change, unfortunately.



Hope the fishing was better... back in the day!



I've had some days off of work so I've been home in Santa Maria for the last few days. Back to the park tomorrow. I'll get back to work and also back to posting some of my own photos!

5 comments:

  1. You know, one of the signs of being an ELP goober is that you can recognize people in old photos of Yosemite better than your own relatives. In this case, you can do both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your grandparents had a great time on their vacation in Yosemite. They would have enjoyed knowing that their grandson spends his summers working there in the great outdoors. The apple don't fall far, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, Wendy, but also that their great grand daughter also found her way to the park as a ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to take a pic of you at Glacier Point in the same pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great old photos, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete