Sunday, July 11, 2010

Coffee with the Ranger

One of my favorite programs to present is Coffee with a Ranger. I arrive at the campground around 7:20 AM. Heat up some hot water in a couple of pots. When the water is boiling, I dump in the grounds... voila! Cowboy Coffee! Visitors come for coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The ranger provides information for those wondering how to best spend the day. We spend the rest of the time spitting out coffee grounds together.

I like this program because I'm an early riser. For the first thirty minutes, I have the campground amphitheater to myself and I can enjoy some solitude and appreciate the sun rising on the river. (Also, since it is an early program, my work day ends a little earlier, too.) If you're around Wawona, stop in for some coffee. It's no secret that Ranger Jeff makes the best cup of cowboy coffee in Wawona!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    There a "new" kid in town --Wawona, who's out to topple your unscientific reference that you make the best coffee at Coffee with a Ranger.

    Your fourth rated coffee will soon go the way of the Model-T.

    Real Barista

    ReplyDelete