Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A New Post for a New Year

Welcome back to "Alone-a-in-Wawona". I did not intend to resurrect this blog again this year, but I had a few requests to do so. Beyond those requests is the fact that artists and photographers like to show off their work; I am no exception.




As many of you know, this was a very wet year in California (which is a good thing!). So it is appropriate to have my first entry dealing with the snow melt and the very heavy run off this summer (which has been more like a late spring). These photos are of Chilnualna Falls' lower cascade. It was a dark and damp afternoon, and I think the photos express that very well.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get rained on? The pictures look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wawona has meant so much to me for so many years. I love the lower falls and enjoy my picture of them done by Gudmunson. Surely enjoyed walking up to them in the summers at the History Center. Your pictures of the super full falls are so beautiful. Wish my place in Washington wasn't so far from Yosemite .

    ReplyDelete